- Atlanta Post Caps are designed to enhance the look of your fence, mailbox, deck, porch, staircase, or railing while protecting your posts from weather deterioration and natural wear-and-tear for 10 years
- Easy installation in 4 steps thanks to our patented SNAP-CAP design - simply place the base on your post, secure with 2 screws in the pre-drilled holes, align the cap on the base, and press the cap to snap into place
- Atlanta Post Caps are made from remarkably sturdy ASA resin, a durable, waterproof, and impact-resistant composite material often used in automobile production and will outlast any wood product on the market
- You can customize the look of your post caps by painting with outdoor spray paint. If not, the UV stable material means you don't have to worry about warping, fading, or discoloration
- Your 4x4 nominal post cap is designed perfectly fit nominal/standard sized lumber posts measuring 3.5” x 3.5” up to 3.85" x 3.85" inches (always check your lumber dimensions before purchasing), and comes with one easy-install base & one New England pyramid style snap-on cap
Atlanta Post Caps is our family owned & operated business, and we distribute millions of post caps worldwide from our headquarters in Decatur, Georgia. We're the only patented post cap on the market and are proudly manufactured in the United States!
HOW TO INSTALL YOUR POST CAP:
1 - SLIDE: Slide the post cap base onto your post. The bottom of your post cap base is smaller than the top of the post cap, and the two cap supports should be on top side of the base.
2 - SCREW: Secure the base to the post using the 2 pre-drilled holes on each of the cap supports. We highly suggest using anti-rust screws to ensure a lasting, no-hassle attachment.
3 - PLACE: Align the top of the post cap over the secured base. This will cover the screws, so you do't be able to see them once the cap is fully installed.
4 - SNAP: Simply press and the cap will “snap” firmly into place. Your post cap is now fully installed!
WHAT ARE THE DIMENSIONS OF MY POST CAP? This 4x6 nominal size post cap fits a standard (nominal) post (3.5” x 3.5” up to 3.85" x 3.85"). These caps slide down the post .75” and are 4.5” x 4.5” at their widest point.
WHAT ARE ATLANTA POST CAPS MADE OF? Our post caps are made from a UV-resistant, high-impact ASA resin, a material commonly used on automobiles and marine vehicles. Tough, durable ASA is what makes our post caps longer lasting than traditional wood post caps and allows them to keep their shape and color in even the harshest weather. Some styles are also available in metal!
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NOMINAL AND ACTUAL SIZING? If you purchased lumber from the hardware store marked “4 in. x 4 in. (nominal),” it likely measures closer to 3.5 inches x 3.5 inches. because nominal sizing is smaller than actual sizing. Actual sizing is the exact measurement of the dimensions of the wood, so a piece of lumber marked “4 in. x 4 in. (actual)” will genuinely measure 4 in x 4 in.